2020 has been a crazy year for a thousand different reasons, and the world of SEO has faced its own challenges. In our final episode of 2020, Edd and I go guestless for the first time to break down the headlines of this year like no other.
We mentioned a load of different updates and resources as always, but this time we actually remember to write everything down! Here are your links to everything that we mentioned:
Key SEO events in 2020
- January Core Update (SearchMetrics)
- Featured snippet deduplication (Twitter)
- Google My Business shake ups due to COVID-19 (SEL)
- Google Shopping opened back up to free listings (SEL)
- May Core Update (SearchMetrics)
- CWV announced (Twitter)
- Google Search Console Insights beta launched (Twitter)
- Rich Results Test tool replaced Structured Data Testing tool (Impression)
- August indexing glitches (SEJ)
- Passage indexing (Impression)
- Google Analytics 4 launched (Impression)
- December Core Update (Lily Ray on Twitter)
A couple of extras…
- Aleyda Solis Search Console dashboard
- Core Web Vitals details
- CrUX dashboard
- Impression Core Web Vitals research
See you next year!
But, for now, that’s a wrap on our final episode of 2020. This year will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons, but getting RankUp off the ground has been one major positive for me and Edd. We hope you’ll join us in 2021 for new guests, new topics and more SEO.